Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why are bum genius so great?

The bum genius 3.0's are amazing! It's a one stop diaper in my opinion, which is why I didn't buy anything but them! They GROW with the baby! They work from 8lbs-35lbs, so hopefully the entire time your child is in diapers.

You don't need to mess with s/m/L/xL etc. You can just buy the diapers and use them until they are potty trained.

How do they grow?

They have a snap system that allows them to get bigger as your child does. Amazing! Genius I tell you (no pun intended!)

Here is a size small:

You can see no snaps are showing. My son was in these until he was about 2-3 months.



A size Medium:
You can see I've unsnapped them once to get them a little bigger. He was in these until about 4-5 months.



A size Large:


And all the snaps are showing, they're full size. He's been in these since, and even though they don't go bigger, they still fit my almost 3 year old foster son! (and no they don't weigh the same!)



So as you can imagine, having diapers that fit a child no matter what the age (as long as they weigh over 8lbs) and not having to buy different sizes for different is VERY convenient! I puffy puffy heart these diapers!

3 comments:

  1. lOVE this blog! I'm not pregnant yet of course, but when I do have my baby I'm seriously considering cloth diapers, and am thinking about starting to collect them now! How many do you recomend having?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently transitioning my 9-month-old into CDs! I bought the BG and that is really what I think I'm going to end up using. It's a whole new world and language but hey, I think it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried BG and hated them, they are SO huge and hard to fit clothing over on smaller babies. I am trying prefolds and thin covers, with the prefold and the covers sized to the child (s,m,l) which is really fine by me, as it doesn't cost any more (prefolds are $2-$4 a peice and covers - litewrap - are $7 so its pretty cheap).

    ReplyDelete