Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cloth wipes

I admit I didn't use cloth wipes for about 3 months. I was intimidated because I didn't know what to do! Man I was a fool, they're the easiest part of the whole equation!

We use the thin little baby wash cloths:



http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5978536


They're $4 for a 12 pack. Cheapest thing you'll ever buy for the baby :)

All we do is fold them in half and put them in an empty wipes container. Pour enough water to make them wet and voila! Wipes! We use to use soap, but it didn't seem to make a difference so we don't even bother.

I use about 1 wipe per diaper change and when we're done, it goes in the diaper in the pail!

I have to say it's easier than using throw away wipes! Cuz with throw aways you have to walk to the trash can to discard the wipes and then put the diaper in the pail. Plus who wants poopy wipes in the trash?

We have about 24 total, but that's more than plenty! I never put them all in the container at once because they'll start to smell. Usually about 10 at a time is good.

I will admit I don't use them on my almost 3 year old foster son. His poop is too big and nasty, so I use the throw away ones!

But I have found it's SUPER easy to travel and go out with cloth wipes, all you do it bring them dry and run them under water before using!

Amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment