Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where to buy diapers?

There are many places you can purchase the diapers from. I have used a handful of places and I will give you the ups and downs of each one!

***disclaimer***these reviews are based on my personal opinion/experience only.

-Pinstripesandpolkadots.com
This site is great and has TONS of helpful information, however if you live in a state with sales tax (like me, 10%) you will get charged it. This might seem silly as you'd think all sites would do that, but I have found ones that don't! And when you're spending a hefty amount upfront for diapers, you don't want to have to add 10%.

has gift registry

-Cottonbabies
This is probably one of my favorites. They offer discounts on bulk buys (as most places do) and have free shipping on orders over $75. And for some reason the tax will NOT apply for this site! However they make you spend $4 on shipping insurance if you want to guarantee your order will arrive.

-Wildflowerdiapers.com
I haven't actually used this site, so I cannot make any comments.

has gift registry

-Nickisdiapers.com
I ordered diapers for a friend as a gift from this site. Overall I was very happy with their service.

has gift registry

-Thanksmama.com

Again I haven't actually used this site, so I cannot make any comments. Though their pricing is fair.

-Target.com
If you're paying out of pocket for diapers, Target is not the way to go. But if you have gift cards to Target or returns in exchange for store credit, this is the way to go! If you live in a state with sales tax, you will get charged (but I shipped all mine to my mom who lives in a state with no sales tax! Always a way to work around it).

However, the items are often back ordered and can take a while to receive. . I think mine took 4-6 weeks to get. However free diapers are free diapers!

We received many duplicates items as shower gifts and even a few larger items as gifts we were able to get hand me downs for, so we had $200 in Target gift cards to put towards diapers! Also many people shop at Target.com off registry's so it's a great place to register!

has gift registry

-
Babycottonbottoms.com
This is a nice site, with fair pricing and a flat shipping rate of $5. However their order online hasn't been working for several months and they are not fast to reply to emails about orders (or I ended up in their junk box).

has gift registry

1 comment:

  1. I just bought the bulk of my diapers (BumGenius 4.0) at Nickisdiapers.com. They also offer free shipping on anything over $75, and I didn't get charged tax. They ran a deal for buy 5, get 1 free ($17.95 each). That was the best deal I had seen since I started looking around a few months ago. They offer PayPal, too, which I liked.

    Bonny

    ReplyDelete